Product Code : 19
Price And Quantity
- Minimum Order Quantity
- Unit of Measure
- In RNA, uracil base-pairs with adenine and replaces thymine during DNA transcription. Methylation of uracil produces thymine. In DNA, the evolutionary substitution of thymine for uracil may have increased DNA stability and improved the efficiency of DNA replication (discussed below). Uracil pairs with adenine through hydrogen bonding. When base pairing with adenine, uracil acts as both a hydrogen bond acceptor and a hydrogen bond donor. In RNA, uracil binds with a ribose sugar to form the ribonucleoside uridine. When a phosphate attaches to uridine, uridine 5'-monophosphate is produced.
Uracil undergoes amide-imidic acid tautomeric shifts because any nuclear instability the molecule may have from the lack of formal aromaticity is compensated by the cyclic-amidic stability. The amide tautomer is referred to as the lactam structure, while the imidic acid tautomer is referred to as the lactim structure. These tautomeric forms are predominant at pH 7. The lactam structure is the most common form of uracil.
Uracil tautomers: Amide or lactam structure (left) and imide or lactim structure (right)
Uracil also recycles itself to form nucleotides by undergoing a series of phosphoribosyltransferase reactions. Degradation of uracil produces the substrates aspartate, carbon dioxide, and ammonia.
C4H4N2O2 → H3NCH2CH2COO− + NH4+ + CO2
Oxidative degradation of uracil produces urea and maleic acid in the presence of H2O2 and Fe2+ or in the presence of diatomic oxygen and Fe2+.
Uracil is a weak acid. The first site of ionization of uracil is not known. The negative charge is placed on the oxygen anion and produces a pKa of less than or equal to 12. The basic pKa = -3.4, while the acidic pKa = 9.389. In the gas phase, uracil has 4 sites that are more acidic than water.
- Physical Form
- 0.98605 - 0.99744 g/cm3 (55 - 25 C) Kilogram per cubic meter (kg/m3)
- Room Temperature
- Fertilizer, Lab Chemicals, Pharma Industries
- CAS No
- Product Type
- White Powder
- Molecular Weight
- 112.088 g/mol Grams (g)
- Molecular Formula
- HS Code
- Melting Point
- Fertilizer, Lab Chemicals, Pharma Industries
- Shelf Life
- 3 Years
- Solubility in water
Uracil is a heterocyclic aromatic organic compound that can be used as a pharmaceutical drug since it has anti-cancer properties. It also helps plants to carry out many necessary processes and cell functions through bonding with riboses and phosphates. Uracil also has a wide area of application in agriculture, where it is used to determine the microbial contamination of a variety of vegetables. Further, it is also used in pesticides, which help in controlling the growth of weed in cotton, sugar, sunflower and many other plantations.
Key Points :
Uracil is a tetracycline. Tetracyclines are often used to treat infections; however, Uracil will not treat infection. It works by reducing skin inflammation caused by rosacea.
- Unsaturated compound which can absorb light
- Undergoes reactions like nitration, oxidation, etc
- Can react with elemental halogens
- Recycles itself to form nucleotides
Do NOT use Uracil if:
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- You are allergic to any ingredient in Uracil or to another tetracycline (eg, minocycline)
- You are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, methoxyflurane, or a penicillin antibiotic (eg, amoxicillin)
- You have recently received or will be receiving a live oral typhoid vaccine
Before using Uracil:
Some medical conditions may interact with Uracil. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- If you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- If you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- If you have diarrhea, a history of kidney or liver problems, the blood disease porphyria, lupus, or recurring fungal infections in the mouth
- If you have a history of stomach surgery (eg, gastric bypass surgery for weight loss) or other conditions that may cause a low amount of acid in your stomach
- If you use tanning booths, sunlamps, or spend a lot of time in the sun
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Uracil. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following :
- Acitretin, isotretinoin, or methoxyflurane because the risk of increased pressure in the brain and fatal kidney toxicity may be increased
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, or methotrexate because their risk of side effects and toxic effects may be increased by Uracil
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), iron, proton pump inhibitors (eg, omeprazole), or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may decrease Uracil's effectiveness
- Live oral typhoid vaccine, hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Uracil
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Uracil may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
- FOB Port
- Payment Terms
- Cash Against Delivery (CAD), Cash on Delivery (COD), Cash Advance (CA), Cash in Advance (CID), Cheque
- Supply Ability
- 500KG Per Month
- Delivery Time
- 1 Week
- Sample Available
- Sample Policy
- Within a certain price range free samples are available
- Packaging Details
- Hdpe Drum 25 KG packing
- Main Export Market(s)
- Asia, Australia, Central America, North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Main Domestic Market
- All India